Friday, February 12, 2010

Today's Class - Predictions

My name's Katie Wilson and my partner is Kathy Bailno. Together we will be working on the children's story, Elizabeth,Larry, and Ed, by Marilyn Sadler. I don't really know much about podcasting, but hopefully by the end of today's class I will have a better idea. Today started off as a rough day. The "blizzard" of the past couple of days made getting to class more difficult than usual. Hopefully, this class and the rest of my classes will go better than my commute to school. Last semester, I took a Teaching Reading course and was briefly introduced to pod casting by a guest speaker. She showed us ways to use Ipods within the classroom, and podcasting was one of these ways. I hope to learn more about what a podcast actually is, how to make them myself, how to use previously created podcasts in the classroom, and ultimately how to use different kinds of technology to make the classroom a more hands on learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    Thanks for posting.

    You said, "Last semester, I took a Teaching Reading course and was briefly introduced to pod casting by a guest speaker. She showed us ways to use Ipods within the classroom, and podcasting was one of these ways."

    You will learn much more by the end of this course!

    ReplyDelete